Thursday, April 21, 2016

C is for College

It is a few week away from graduation!  This has really been a wonderful journey in self discovery.  This last year I have allowed myself to indulge in following my passions.  It started with a creative writing class.  I went back to school telling every one it would make me more marketable but truly I wanted it to make me more creative. I wrote and for the first time shared my work with strangers.  It was unnerving for sure.  But I didn't die.  As a matter of fact, just the opposite.  I am more alive now than I have ever been.  Getting in touch with my own dreams and desires has been remarkable. I wrote a story with a very believable bad guy and everyone love it.  My professor asked me to submit it to Fresno City College Review.  I didn't do it right away.  It took me a bit to work up the confidence to submit my story for publishing review.  I joined The Fresno City College Newspaper in the mean time and in a true baptism by fire, I interview my first person and wrote my first story.  It hit me that I was an officially published writer!  This was the little bit of confidence that I need to submit my short story for publication.  Now it is official, I am a published author.  I have a story in the Fresno City College Literary Review.   Alissa googled me and google says that I am a published author!  It must be true.  Now to submit my children's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment