Sunday, February 21, 2010

So Excited!


I have a couple of great adventures coming up this year. My family and I are volunteering in the community this month. We signed up for this great program through disney land. We volunteer and we each get an admission ticket to disney land! My kids are beside themselves. None of them have ever been to Disneyland. I think we will schedule the trip for this summer some time. I am so excited about experiencing this magic wonderland with my kids.
My best friend and I are planning a Birthday Extravaganza! We are going to take a photography workshop, stay in a great little hotel, get massages, and sample some wine. The part I'm looking forward to the very most is the chance to sit and connect with her and sew another wonderful memory into the fabric of our friendship.
Life is so busy these days. It seems like it is becoming more difficult to connect in a meaningful way. I see all of these people around me that are friendly enough but it is all functional. Who can we connect with and what can they do for you? Even in my own house I encounter the if you do this for me I'll do this for you attitude. But even more alarming is the if you don't do this for me then I'm not doing anything for you.
What is the love of a spouse supposed to feel like?

No comments:

Post a Comment